Friday, April 1, 2011

Introducing Cocoon


I wanted to design something special to celebrate Cocoon. A Cocoon is one of nature's beautiful creations, but was extremely challenging to recreate due to its unique shapes and textures. The piece you are seeing here is a final design after many, many attempts. I wanted to find a way to incorporate a "literary or lyrical" concept into the piece, and being able to display the text on the cocoon, was an accident actually. (Sorry, I'm not going to give away my jewelry-making secrets and tell you how it happened) I wanted this piece to embody certain elements that I feel belong in "Cocoon" the album: grace, fragile exterior, innocence fading away, and pleasure in being.

Honestly,
Meg



P.S. You might want to visit my blog on the 3rd of April (2 more days). I'll have a little surprise for you guys.

4 comments:

  1. Great work, it looks fantastic! Can't wait for the suprise. I wonder what it could be.

    Are you enjoying Austin so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is pretty & unique. Ah, it makes me want to purchase one! Resist Sophie! Back away, haha! Your jewelry is so addicting!

    P.S The cocoon also reminds me of a lantern. Light up the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you did a wonderful job.
    It has the natural style of a cocoon while still looking like a lovely piece of jewelry. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice nice. I'd like to think a yellow butterfly is going to come out of it.

    I'll be back... it better not be an April Fools thing -___-

    ReplyDelete