Friday, May 13, 2011

A Horse of Course

"A Horse of Course" is a custom piece I just finished for a customer's friend's birthday gift. Now, I know this design choice isn't normally my cup of tea, (horses don't have much to do with robots), but when the question came up for this custom piece, "Could I do this?", I just had to take the challenge.



Polymer clay, my usual medium, wasn't involved at all. I had never tried to design something only using copper wire. I must admit, it took me several tries before I decided which way to approach this project.


This was another great adventure offered by one of your "custom ideas" to satisfy my creative palate!

12 comments:

  1. Darn it... it's a custom piece. I was going to get one because I'm a horse, but it's alright. "A Horse of Course" seems very time consuming and meticulous, but I am sure the reward of completion was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Ugh. I love horses, I would've totally wanted to buy that! Oh well, I love robots too. I'm setting aside money so I can nab the Sherbot Holmes necklace soon. =)

    <3,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous! I got all excited because horses are my major... activity? Sport? Something like that. And I want it! Seriously awesome, I normally don't like horses on jewlery 'cause they look corny but the wire looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg thanks so much, this is amazing, she will love it!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really a beautiful piece! considering no clay was involved. nice job, meg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so cute! Horses are my favorite animals :D

    Meg, do you know any good sites that will teach me to make jewelry out of Polymer clay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's really impressive. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was getting ready to purchase this but then read that it's a customized piece! Darn! But overall, it looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to drop by to say I got my Chandler 3.P.O in the mail and it is adorable!

    It's for my friend's birthday and I'm sure she will love it.

    So thank you immensely,
    Allison (:

    P.S. The handwritten note was a nice plus too. Like getting an autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sofie, I used this website to learn when I first got started: www.cforiginals.net Her name is Christi Friesen and she is just genius.

    Sophie, I'm making the "Horse of Course" available now:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I JUST ORDERED THIS! SOOOOO EXCITED TO GET IT IN LONDON! :)) Thanks Meg :)

    ReplyDelete