Saturday, July 9, 2011

No Longer Making "Custom Orders"

Dear friends,

I have had an incredible time making custom jewelry for many of you. I didn't realize in the beginning, that because I would be creating a personal piece for a special reason, I would hear much of the story of the person you would be giving it to, or your story. Through our e-mails back and forth, concerning the custom piece and then your life, I became close with many, even though we've never met! I want to thank you for sharing with me and allowing me to connect.

I've had the opportunity to make a pair of "breast cancer" ribbon earrings for a very courageous breast cancer survivor. I've made anniversary gifts for couples celebrating their love. I've made custom Chandlers and Joeys to be part of weddings. Each time I'm working on something for someone special, I'm seriously smiling the whole time.

I've received many custom orders these past months, so many that I'm backed up a few months in the future actually. I haven't had much time to focus on new designs. I would like to work on upcoming "First Thursday" pieces as well, and haven't had the time. Also, I need more time to love the people in my life better. (I'm sure many of you have been in this similar situation before and understand it.) It is so important to keep special relationships thriving. Chandler and I need time to stop and smell the roses.

The Original Chandler prototype. Only 15 were created. I don't even own one!


So as much as I love everything having to do with Chandler the Robot, and as much as I've loved connecting with you and creating unique things for ya'll, I will no longer be making "Custom Orders"

I hope you understand. This isn't a permanent change. Maybe in the future, I'll set aside a certain amount of time to open up my shop to "Custom Orders", but right now I'm trying to prioritize and make Chandler the Robot the best it can be for you and me.

I apologize to those of you who have sent me recent inquiries for custom orders, and to those of you who have already paid, I will honor that and complete yours as quickly as possible, but still please allow me enough time to give each piece attention and care.

By the amount of emails I've been receiving, I am aware that so many of you have GREAT ideas for robots. I've jotted down many that I will use in the future, and since you didn't get a chance to place a Custom Order, I would love to hear your ideas in the "comments" section below this post. Maybe your idea will turn out to be one of my future "First Thursday" pieces.

Again, thanks so much to everyone for understanding.

Honestly,
Meg

12 comments:

  1. What about a nerdy chandler, with glasses? FYI, I love my lonely hearts chandler, especially the fact that it hangs from the nape of its neck. Perhaps play on that for future pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. That kind of sucks, but I'm glad you're taking the time that you need to work on other stuff. I've been thinking that you must be under a lot of pressure lately haha

    I bought the first Original Chandler, as soon as they went up for sale! He's my pride and joy.

    Hopefully your custom orders'll return in time for my birthday this fall, I started to make plans ;)

    Looking forward to some new designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( very sad to hear no more custom mades for now.. But I totally understand! Please don't work too hard and definitely spend more time with your loved ones!! I love ur robots and keep up with the wonderful work!!

    Ps. Any chance of making a tennis player-bot for ur First Thursdays?? Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad, but you got to do what you got do. I was hoping for a little mad scientist robot (mad scibot) with goggles and a lab coat, maybe in the future when you have time do customs again. It's good to hear your doing so well. Keep up the good work, and make sure to enjoy the little things in life. I am looking forward to seeing your future bots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not ordering a custom piece in time, but I'm glad to hear that you might start them up again one day. I have a gift in mind for someone that I would only wish to have made by you. :)
    But yes, much agreed, you should always put time for your loved ones over absolutely anything else! Making sure there's a balance is always a good thing. We all understand and look forward to your future limited edition pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, that's sad to hear that you won't be doing it. But I'm glad that I did mines when it was less busier! One of the best thing about you is that you're so sweet and I'm happy to have you done two custom pieces for me. Like I always say keep up the great work!

    Make the girl robots have skirts or dresses on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the Nerdy Chandler idea, where he would have square frame glasses and possibly a bow tie and suspenders and a chest pocket. That would be cool!

    I have always wanted a Chandler the Photographer. Where he would hold a mini camera.

    I also thought of a variation of the best friend/relationship charms. Like the Chandler charm's hand would be able to hook to the other Chandler's hand.

    In any case, take care Meg! Have a fun and memorable time with your loved ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No more custom orders means your business is well and that you've got a good balanced head on your shoulder. Always yin & yang.

    Just received my Lonely Hearts Chandler and a little disappointed in quality, which often happens when demand increases. After reading you're post I completely understand.

    It's obvious you have talent but even amazing to learn that you're grounded and that values are important.

    Looking forward to seeing more of you're work and will continue to support all your creative endeavors

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to custom order a soccer playing Chandler, but I never did. Maybe you could make an athlete Chandler for a First Thursday sometime. I'm happy to hear that you are taking time for yourself. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and take a break from all of the commotion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, I am so glad I got my custom order in right when I did. And I got him 2 days ago, reminds me so much of my husband Chandler. I love it, thanks Meg! P.S. I'm thinking "DogBots" would rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you should make an ocean themed chandler, like a scuba diver or with sea creatures surrounding him. It sounds super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my Chandler. I really appreciate the time you took in making it. It is so cute. Better than I could have imagined.

    Mine is a Doctor Who themed Chandler based on David Tennant the tenth doctor. We named him "Tennanth Chandler". It is so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete