Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An interview with Meg and Dia for "Keepin it Country" Blog


To read the entire interview, please visit this link: "Keepin it Country"

Thank you Lydia Picknell! Great Interview! Dia and I really appreciate it:)
(I've inserted a preview of the interview below) Lydia Picknell

Dia: You’ve been writing with Blake Shelton, and it isn’t a secret that you are still in contact with him. Can we expect any Blake and Dia work to come out soon?
Dia:  Yes!  I wrote a song with some friends (who also knew Blake) in Nashville.  The song is called, “I will,” and when I sent it to Blake he said he’d love to sing on it.  He took time out of his busy schedule to come record his part, which meant a lot to me.  He’s been so supportive through all of this….he’s working overtime as a coach.
Meg: Would you ever consider going through The Voice on your own? 
Meg: No, I would not. Singing solo is not one of my strong points, either is being judged by Christina Aguilera on national television! Not sure how Dia handled that pressure, but kudos for her and all the other constants who performed on the show.
Dia: Was it difficult going onstage at The Voice without your sister there?
Dia:  It was SO weird!  I’ve been performing with Meg for over a decade now.  (We started our first band when I was 14).  It was the first time in over 10 years that I was up on a stage all alone and it felt so weird.  It definitely made me a lot more nervous and I felt like I had a lot more pressure.
Dia: You had the chance to learn from country music legend Reba McEntire during the show. Did she give you any advice that you still listen to today? What was the best thing she, or Blake, ever told you?
Dia: Reba said to stay true to myself.  She is such a sweet lady (and man are her eyes a crystal blue! Ha!)  But I think the most important thing she said was definitely to be myself and not try to be anyone else.  When you’re competing, it’s hard to get anxious and try to do something that other’s are doing, vocally, or in their performance.  But I just had to sit myself down and say, “Ok.  You’re not a belter.  You’re not a gospel singer.  You’re not a performer who stomps and shouts all across the stage.  You’re you.”  But then I thought about the things that are unique to me and played those up.  I love to create music.  I’m a singer songwriter.  So when I got songs, I liked to put my twist on them.
Meg: You started to do your own jewelry line, (I have a black cowbot! They’re adorable!). How did that come around?
Meg: You got one of the 50 limited edition cowbots? Nice! That was one of my favorite designs.
I’m so glad you asked about Chandler the Robot! When Meg and Dia wasn’t touring or recording records, I had a lot of free time. So, I wanted to discover another creative outlet besides music. There just happened to be this adorable jewelry school that this woman started out of a cute little house down town. I walked into that place and immediately felt that exhilarating sense of excitement and anticipation that I feel when I walk into a vibe music venue or a recording studio. I knew I had found a second creative home.
The first design I made just happened to be this little copper robot necklace. I named him Chandler. I designed a jewelry blog, spread the word to Meg and Dia fans, and Chandler the Robot took off from there!
Surprisingly, my Chandler the Robot blog has been one of the best ways I am able to connect with Meg and Dia fans and let them know what the band is up to.
My next piece is going to be a Diabot necklace complete with a black and white polka dot dress. I’m so excited! I’m going to be releasing the Diabot later this month.
Anyone can see my designs and read my zany blogs on my jewelry website @ www.chandlertherobot.com

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see and hear what's next for you and Dia! The new record, the new video, the new jewelery! I've been a long time fan, and so happy to see you guys taking all these new adventures and really living it up! You are true inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Now I have a bunch of stuff to look forward to :) Hearing about the new video and album really gave me the pick-me-up I needed today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! I'm so excited for Dia's single & album!

    ReplyDelete