Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Tiny Dancer Bot" for February's "First Thursday"

I didn't think I would be able to have my next piece ready until I came home from this upcoming Blake tour, but somehow I pulled myself and Chandler together and was able to complete the design in time. Sweet!

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, last year I started an event on my Chandler the Robot store where I released a limited quantity of a new design on the First Thursday of each month.

Some of my favorites were the "Cowbot" I designed for Blake Shelton and his lovely wife Miranda. I also really enjoyed creating the Explorer Bot. (The photos for that piece were a blast to take! Any excuse to get me to go hiking:)

On the First Thursday of February I will release the first "First Thursday" Limited Edition piece of the year!

I love it when design ideas turn out better than I could have hoped for. Sometimes I'll have an idea that I'm stoked on in my head, and once I sketch it out it doesn't quite resonate with me, but this bot was not one of those cases I'm delighted to say. I'm calling her "Tiny Dancer Bot".

Now, I've never especially had an affinity for "dancing" or "ballet". You all know I'm a "yoga" gal. So please stay tuned for my explanation of why I chose this piece to start the new year.

Photos coming soon!

"Tiny Dancer Bot" 


Honestly,
Meg

8 comments:

  1. If this is in reference to one of my favorite Elton John songs, I'd have to say that's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! She's adorable! I assume she'll be a clay bot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Cute! Especially the Ballet shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is an Elton John reference!!! My favorite all time lyrics.

    She will be a copper bot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saving up 280$s is actually good! I was going to spend it on some photoshop stuff but this is wayyyy better! Also Meg my mom ordered a Winter Chandler for me for X-Mas on the first day it was out (first thursday) and I love it! I also have an Pink Cupcake Diabot! I love her! and Him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you will be able to pre-order. I'll let readers of my blog and email list know the details about preordering first before anyone else. So make sure you are subscribed to that:)

    ReplyDelete