Monday, January 19, 2015

NEW Awakenings and NEW Beginnings


Visit www.chandlertherobot.com to check out my new designs!

Nick and I attended an art show in Los Angeles the other night. As we strolled down the aisles of paintings, Nick made a comment, 

"You know, music has never made me feel the way that art makes me feel."

He surprised me by this statement, (since we are both musicians.) 

"Don't get me wrong. I love playing music and listening to music, but it never makes me feel as emotional as these paintings do."

I knew what he meant. I've been deeply moved by the serenades of Dashboard Confessional and Deathcab For Cutie, but there is something about looking at a piece of physical art, taking it in, and feeling a reaction deep down in your gut. 

My mother recently became quite the spiritual being, taking up kundalini yoga and meditation. During my visit home for the holidays she showed me the beginnings of a beautiful crystal and stone collection and explained all of their healing properties. 

I've always been analytical, always looking to reason to steer my life in the right direction, but last year's events have caused me to seek out answers in unusual places.

I promise I'm not going to get all "woo woo" on you, but if you ever need a little extra guidance, a little reassurance, some hope, a lifting of your spirits, it wouldn't hurt to add a touch crystal to your life.



Baby Aura Quartz Triad necklace



Druzy Rectangle Bar pendant with 24k Gold Electroplated Edge

According to my local crystal guru:

Tangerine Sun Quartz is known to have healing properties that "uplift your spirit, help you face life's challenges, disperse dark moods, and stimulate creativity".

Aqua quartz "soothes anger, cools feverishness, and releases stress, tension, and anxiety. It also releases negativity from emotional, physical, and spiritual battles, and creates an aura of peace".

My favorite crystal though is the classic clear crystal because this crystal is said to open a blocked or unawakened third eye and enhance one's ability to communicate inner truth. 

From wikipedia "The third eye is a mystical concept referring to a speculative invisible eye which provides perception beyond ordinary sight. The third eye refers to the gate that leads to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness. The third eye often symbolizes a state of enlightenment or the evocation of mental images having deeply personal spiritual or psychological significance."

I can't pretend to have ever reached a moment of "enlightenment", but I can say that if I didn't pay attention to my "perception beyond ordinary sight" or a "higher consciousness" I never would have fallen in love with a wonderful man whom I probably don't fit very well with on paper, but he is the yin to my yang, the light to my dark. 

I wouldn't have become a musician, because heaven knows we don't have the most stable lifestyles. Every day is a new adventure, some people don't enjoy this type of spontaneity, but I can't live without it.

Honestly,
Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment