Thursday, February 5, 2015

"Love Letter In A Bottle" necklace



Click HERE to order a "Love Song In A Bottle" necklace

My boyfriend will be on tour this Valentine's Day, so we celebrated early. We had a picnic at the park and sushi for dinner, but those activities weren't the best part of the day.

On the mini road trip out to our favorite park, we popped in The National's album, "Boxer", which I had never heard before. Something about the sunset or the freedom of the open road combined with the music coming from my car's speakers brought a few tears to my eyes, which I quickly swiped away before Nick noticed. 

What is it about music that can move a person to tears? In that moment, I realized how lucky I am to be able to make music that can hopefully make other people feel the way that music makes me feel. 

For this Valentine's Day, I created a special necklace that combines my two loves: music and jewelry.

I found some vintage sheet music and these adorable, tiny bottles with cork lids. As I carefully rolled up each slip with a precious melody, I felt like I was literally sliding a love song into a bottle, preparing to send it out into the ocean to one of you guys!

I think these will make the perfect gift for Valentine's Day. I make each piece by hand from vintage sheet music, tiny vials, and wire-wrapped antiqued copper. 
  • Please order by February 9th if you'd like your necklace to arrive before Valentine's Day.
  • Vial is 7/8" tall
  • 18" antique copper chain with lobster clasp
  • Only 25 are available as this first run. (If they sell out super quick, I will try to make a 2nd run, but those won't make it in time for Valentine's Day.)
  • Each necklace will be gift-wrapped
  • Autographed CTR postcard included

No comments:

Post a Comment